Thursday 4 December 2014

#SAE2014 REPORT



I think the organisers of the Sydney Author Event started planning about the time I started writing!  All that hard work certainly paid off!  SAE was a wonderfully put together event.  The Ivy was a lovely place to hold the signing and the cruise at the end of the long day was a stroke of genius! I had an absolute ball interacting with fellow readers, some I'd met before and plenty I hadn't.  It was a great way to meet some of my street team too!  As with all things that you look forward to so much, the event kind of went by in a blur - the day ending far too quickly!

A personal highlight for me was being seated next to the fabulous Raine Miller.  I was more than a little starstruck to beside Mr. Ethan Blackstone's creator!


It was amazing for me to be in the same room as my idols!  I was a bit tongue tied to meet R.K. Lilley and Samantha Young...

     

Of course, I didn't get nearly enough photos on my camera!  Or enough books signed for me, but I sure did sign a lot of things that day!  It was fantastic to see all of the photo books people made but when I came across this particular scrapbook I was blown away (maybe even a little teary).


Thank you Phillippa Taylor, you sure know how to make a girl feel special!!!  I appreciate all of the time you put into creating something so awesome!

Thank you to the organisers of this event that I will never forget!  And thank you to the people that stopped by my table to say hello, the day was filled with smiley faces!



I would like to give a special thanks to my beautiful daughter Madi for helping out on the day and to Leann for keeping us both organised.  And to Sydney for the beautiful weather, views from the boat and the fireworks!




No comments:

Post a Comment